· Our clients, Contracting & Construction division has become one of the most dynamic brands in the region. The group lead some of the most powerful businesses across its divisions in which it specialises. The business is now looking for a growth accelerator who can focus on maximising current operations, but lead the growth development into new key areas directed by the board.
· Today our client is one of the fastest growing contracting groups in the GCC and is projected to play a leading role within the Group’s business portfolio within the next five years. They expect to continue its growth in this business sector by adding new divisions to their portfolio and grow and maximise revenues and profitability with its existing brands. Over the last 36 months they have grown and sustained market share within the market and have become a distinct leader winning some exceptional business contracts
· The Board have agreed that they need to strategically and tactically hire a very heavyweight professional contracting / construction professional who can guide their growth plans and strategy to be the leader and the ‘CEO’ of the successful contracting division.
· The board are now looking for a hands on dynamic CEO who has 20+ years of contracting, construction or civils specialisms across the European, US and Middle East markets. The new CEO will have the fundamental basics understanding the A,B,C’s of contracting to make operations smooth and profitable. The critical factor is a dynamic commercial business leader who can grow the group and direct the business on trends, what divisions, and what locations and areas the group needs to grow and focus.
THE ROLE: Chief Executive Officer – Based in Dubai
· This position will report to the Board of Directors and has full autonomy of the direction of the business.
· The CEO, in partnership with the Board, is responsible for the success of the group and assures its relevance to the community, the accomplishment Organization’s mission and vision, and the accountability of its diverse constituents.
· The selected candidate will be responsible to grow and maximise the current business operations and brands as well as make the group a partner of choice within their core fields.
· Management and Administration
· Provides general oversight of all activities, manages the day-to-day operations, and assures a smooth functioning, efficient organization.
· Proven ability to train, grow and develop GM’s and management staff.
· 2. Assures program quality and organizational stability through development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation.
· 3. Assures a work environment that recruits, retains and supports quality staff. Assures process for selecting, development, motivating, and evaluating staff.
· 4. Specifies accountabilities for management personnel and evaluates performance regularly.
· Mission, Policy and Planning
· 1. Helps the Board determine values, mission, vision, and short- and long-term goals.
2. Helps the Board monitor and evaluate relevancy to the community, its effectiveness, and its results.
· 3. Keeps the Board fully informed on the condition of the group and on all the important factors influencing them?
· 4. Identifies problems and opportunities and addresses them; brings those which are appropriate to the Board and/or its committees; and, facilitates discussion and deliberation.
· 5. Informs the Board and its committees about trends, issues, problems and activities to facilitate policy-making. Recommends policy positions.
· Legal Compliance
· Assures the filing of all legal and regulatory documents and monitors compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
· 1. Promotes programs and services that are produced in a cost-effective manner, employing economy while maintaining an acceptable level of quality.
· 2. Oversees the fiscal activities of the organization including budgeting, reporting and audit.
· 3. Works with Board to ensure financing to support short- and long-term goals.
· Community Relations
· 1. Facilitates the integration of group into the fabric of the community by using effective Marketing and communications activities.
· 2. Acts as an advocate, within the public and private sectors, for issues relevant to the group and its services
· 3. Listens to clients and the community to improve services and generate community involvement.
· 4. Serves as chief spokesperson for group, assuring proper representation of the group to the community.
· 5. Initiates, develops, and maintains cooperative relationships with key areas & works with regulatory agencies and represents a healthy relationship.
· EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent degree
· 5-10 of experience as CEO of multinational company
· Experience within the Middle East region or running major contracting or construction companies
· A true leader who has led multiple stores, units and operations
· A multi experience leader with a track record or significant growth
· A leader who has started up new divisions and has a record of excellence
· Proven record in delivering growth year on year who has won new business and new brands in each region they have led.
· SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
· Commitment to results: The Chief Executive is a systems thinker who is customer focused and goal driven. Identifies relevant information and helps transform this information into individual and organizational knowledge and learning.
· The Chief Executive is action oriented and innovative. S/he translates broad goals into achievable steps. S/he anticipates and solves problems and takes advantage of opportunities, is a self-starter and team player.
· Business savvy: As a leader, this position requires an individual with knowledge of and
· Experience in management and administration. The position requires demonstrated experience in Integrating and coordinating diverse areas of management.
· Knowledge in the following areas is required: human services, finance and personnel; oral and
· Written communications; planning and evaluation; and governance.
· A high level of personal skills is required to make formal, persuasive presentations to groups and to deal effectively with people from all segments of the community.
· The individual must be comfortable with diversity and respectful of a wide range of faiths, beliefs and experiences.
· Leading change: The Chief Executive possesses the skills and implements the functions of a leader. S/he shares the groups values, mission and vision. S/he consistently displays integrity, models behaviour, develops people, and builds teams. This individual deals effectively with demanding situations and designs and implements interventions.
· Motivating: The chief executive manages continuity, change and transition. This individual knows how to influence and enable others. S/he addresses the impact of attitude and action on the group and its participants.
· Candidate profile:
· The ideal candidate will most likely have the following profile:
· Should have at least 20 years’ experience within Construction/Contracting/Civils sector
· Demonstrate a track record of delivering a winning new business
· A track record in maximising profitability, leading and training senior leadership teams
· Must have University Degree, MBA is advantageous
· Understanding of new brand development and gaps in the market
· Solid understanding of the GCC regions – specific knowledge of the UAE market
· Will have worked for a top 10 contracting or construction giant globally
· Must have held a senior operations role in his previous job
· Excellent analytical and logical skills
· Superior level of communication and interpersonal skills
Strong decision-making and problem identification/solving skills as well as time management skills to monitor and evaluate the performance of multiple departments.