· The Client
· The company is a closed joint stock of the public sector represented by the General Organization for Social Insurance and a group of private shareholders, and the medical services company has two of the main private sector hospitals in the Riyadh region, which was founded in 1990 and in 1966.
· The Role
· The Business Development & Marketing Director will be responsible and accountable for leading & managing all activities related to business development & marketing within company, keeping a continuous focus to improve market position and achieve financial growth by building & maintaining key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
· The Business Development & Marketing Director at company shall be focusing corporate office activities related to business development & will guide the business units with respect to new business opportunities, business feasibility studies, competitors & market demand analysis, new key customer development, new services & solutions development.
· Major Duties And Responsibilities
· Ensures through his actions, either directly or indirectly, that a superior quality of medical treatment, compassion and understanding is given to every patient served at the company Hospitals and Clinics.
· Directs and oversees the Business Development activities including the following:
· New Business Opportunities Identification, Capitalization & Development
· New Revenue Generation
· New Services & Solutions Development
· New Key Customers Development & Retention
· Manages the planning, development and implementation of the Commercial guidelines, policies and procedures in terms of Revenue Management, Investment Decisions & Customer Acquisition.
· Develops new business relationships, generate and negotiate new income for the company to increase year on year.
· Actively and successfully manage the business development process: lead generation; credentials pitch; asking questions; solution pitch; negotiation; close; handover to the account management team.
· Ensures company & its Business Units remains proactive and responsive to prospective clients.
· Develops implements and evaluates commercial goals and objectives.
· Leads commercial planning process, which will help company to develop, communicate and monitor the execution of its corporate strategy in terms of continuous Business / Revenue Growth on year on year basis.
· Establish formal and informal communication lines down, up and across the Company to allow prompt identification and resolution of problems that impede achievement of business development goals.
· Establish checkpoints / monitoring mechanism to monitor progress toward the fulfilment of business development / growth goals.
· Identify, analyzes and recommends business opportunities for the profitable growth and diversification of the Company.
· Plans and directs all investigations, intelligence and negotiations pertaining to joint ventures and acquisition of businesses, with the approval of CEO and the Board of Directors.
· Directs and oversees the preparations of detailed feasibility studies related to new ventures and business opportunities.
· Sets & executes customer’s retention strategies.
· Personally pursues and closes key sales opportunities.
· Leads internal teams from multiple disciplines to pursue key prospects.
· Provides market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas
· Ensure sales offerings are closely coordinated and in alignment with internal product offerings
· Creates clear, precise and properly detailed customers’ orders/instructions/documentation
· Communicates and discuss the Business Development guidelines and procedures with all the staff to ensure responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities for all staff are defined and understood.
· Provides guidance and leadership to all Business Development employees to ensure effective and efficient flow of work, and ensure all employees recognize their fundamental role in the function.
· Delegates some of responsibilities to appropriate subordinates in order to benefit from smooth running of operations.
· Conducts annual performance appraisal to review employee work performance. Carryout disciplinary meetings when appropriate. Recommends salary adjustments, rewards and promotions based on employee performance.
· Monitors the adherence of the Business Development employees to company’s guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Ensures effective divisional performance through the selection, development, deployment and motivation of competent staff.
· Performs additional tasks and duties as assigned by Superiors.
· Reporting to
· Company Chief Executive Officer
· Supervisory Level
· Business Development Team
· A Minimum Of
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with 10-12 years of related experience. Masters Degree in MBA is preferred.
· Extensive executive-level Business Development experience is required.
· Health care industry experience is preferred.
· Experience with directing and overseeing the Business Development functions with an organization.
· Confident negotiator and ability to ‘close the deal’
· Strong client management skills and ability to keep promises
· Capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions
· A positive and determined approach to researching and analysing new business opportunities
· Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail
· Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks
· Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation
· Builds & maintains a professional and trusting relationship with a client.
· Understands & interprets the client's requirements.
· Set and manage client's expectations
· Excellent organisational and time management skills
· A positive attitude to dealing with people
· Capable of working independently, and having responsibility as an individual
· A sound understanding of the KSA healthcare sector would be a distinct advantage
· Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate initiatives.
· Strong interpersonal skills such as leadership, communication, persuasion, motivation, and loyalty.
· Ability to select, develop and motivate personnel.
· Must be a professional of unquestionable integrity, credibility and character.
· Proficiency in both English and Arabic Language.
This job description is subject to periodic review and maybe changed at anytime in consultation with the employee.