Objective of the role:
Provide direct strategic support, technology vision and lead the development and implementation of the system wide information technology (IT) program based on the objectives, core competencies and market characteristics of PayTabs.
· Responsible for strategic planning, development and implementation of various IT projects
· Oversee the planning, design and development of new systems/modules.
· Ensure that each project is completed within constraints of time and budget.
· Supervise, plan, organize and evaluate the day-to-day activities of the IT team.
· Keeping management updated on progress and activities
· Design, Develop, implement policies and procedures according to compliance guidelines and industry best practices.
· Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
· Manage staff by interviewing, recruiting, and training employees, communicating job expectations, appraising their performance and ensuring personal growth of IT employees.
· Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
· Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time.
· Assist the CTO with all related technical and administrative functions.
Chief Technology officer (please specify)
Subordinates / Reportees
Desired start date
Position to be based
Bahrain (please specify)
Required experience (No. of years):
· 8 -10 years of IT program support
· Proven working experience as an IT manager.
· Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software system.
· Knowledge of payment industry technologies.
· Preferred experience in data center management.
· Hands on experience with software development / network administration.
· BS in computer science field or similar.
· PRINCE2 (Projects in Controlled Environments) or PMP Certification is preferred.
· Ability to manage personnel
· Excellent organizational skills
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Understanding of complex information and requirements
· Good prioritization skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans
· Good evaluation skills
· Good communications skills - written and verbal
· Great technical and analytical skills combined with a good head for business
· Confidence in decision-making
· A good team-playing mentality
· Good leadership skills
· An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
· Ability to take quick decision and alter pre-existing plans whenever required
Industry experience required
· Information Technology and Services
· Spoken and Written English