Working with one of the largest family conglomerates in the Middle East, the Finance Manager will be a member of the Industrial & Energy (I&E) Business Group’s Finance Team. The role-holder will be responsible for the financial management of one of the Industrial & Energy business units. This role requires the ability to interact with business and functional leaders of different levels across the business.
Reporting to the I&E Financial Controller, the role-holder will be responsible for the following key aspects: financial management of the business units performance, balance sheet and cash flow, finance business partner to the business unit GM and leadership team, ensure appropriate budget management within the business unit, support and drive cost optimisation initiatives, deliver timely and insightful management reports and analysis, drive improvement in financial management and accounting processes, interface with the financial accounting team and contribute to the wider Finance function objectives and initiatives.
· Prepare monthly variance analysis of the business unit performance, balance sheet and cash flows against prior year and budget, providing explanations and insight to support the leadership team deliver the business unit objectives.
· Lead the preparation of the quarterly forecast
· Lead the development of the business unit annual budget
· Partner with the business on all financial matters (ad hoc financial analysis, financial input to bids / tenders, financial support to strategic initiatives etc)
· Support the budget holders to ensure delivery against agreed targets through financial analysis, reporting and constructive challenge
· Work closely with the financial accounting team to ensure the businesses unit transactions are captured correctly
· Review ageing of working capital balances monthly basis and drive actions to reduce the working capital requirements
· Support, identify and drive cost optimization initiatives
What we expect
· Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or related fields, or equivalent experience.
· Recognized professional accounting qualifications.
· 5 – 7 years of PQE in a commercial finance role.
· Big 4 trained (Desirable).
· Relevant industry experience.
· Track record of progression within a commercial finance role in medium to large companies.
· Machinery, rental and project accounting experience.
· You are inspired by doing the best for your stakeholders and by providing tailored and timely advice based on the principles of mutual trust and high integrity.
· You are an outstanding communicator. You actively listen and tailor your response accordingly based on your stakeholder’s level of understanding and interest.
· You are committed to continuous learning and use your knowledge and understanding and oversight processes as well as critical micro and macro-economic issues to provide sound financial advice and assess potential financial impact of business activities.
· You enjoy the collaborative process and look forward to partnering with other team members to best service your stakeholders.
· You are able to effectively multitask to prioritize the complex demands of multiple stakeholders.
· You are a respected member of the external financial community; seen as a knowledgeable and credible resource.