The primary role of the Finance & Admin Officer is to support the Finance Manager in the day to day accounts management, and the end of year processes. They will also assist the Director of Operations in the administrative requirements for the wider Consulum team, ensuring smooth processes are implemented and maintained.
• Post and process journal entries as appropriate, ensure accuracy of accounting entries and adequacy of supporting documents
• Assist in year-end closing
• Assist with preparation and coordination of audit process, including auditing legers, analysing receipts and payment and bank balances
• Monitor, record and maintain a detailed fixed assets register schedule in accordance with the company’s accounting policy
• Intercompany reconciliation between head office and subsidiary companies
• Checking entries for accuracy and post adjusting journal entries to correct errors
• Maintain accounts payable datasheet, contact suppliers for payment collection and obtain receipts
• Monthly reconciliation of receipts with expenses
• Monthly update of expenses reclassification sheet
• Monitor and resolve banking issues
• Maintain an effective filing system for all financial transactions.
• Manage travel and accommodation for the Middle East teams, and London team where necessary
• Continually seek value for money in Consulum operations, such as travel and accommodation, office supplies and services
• Maintain office administration data including contact details, emergency contacts, holidays, media subscriptions
• Assist with the admin requirements for the arrival of new and departure of current members of the Consulum team
• Compile expenses claims for the Managing Partner.
• Day to day operations of the Bahrain office.
• Recent accounting or finance graduate
• Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
• Excellent general maths skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Exceptional focus on quality, discretion and confidentiality
• Good IT skills, including Word, PPT and Excel