• Current licensure as a professional registered nurse. UK Nurses must have successfully completed the three-year Registered Nurse Training Certification and post-registration specialty training program for the assigned specialty.
• All other Nationalities are required to have Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
Desired: Masters preferred
• Minimum 10years within a healthcare setting with a minimum of 3years at management level, current nursing license.
Knowledge & Skill:
• Ability to write reports & proficient in the use of computers
• Responsible for ensuring consistency in the standard of practice across the clinical settings.
• Ensures the continued advancement of the profession of nursing.
• In addition the Chief Nursing Officer will assume the role of Quality Improvement Manager and will be responsible for planning, implementing, directing and evaluating quality improvement management processes, according to current ACHS/ISO/NHRA standards and guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential functions of the job role include, but are not limited to:
• Assure continuity and consistency of nursing care across individual clinical areas.
• Assure that all nursing services are provided in compliance with all applicable standards requirements of the ACHSI and all applicable regualtory bodies.
• Support team objectives forcusing on team results, handling conflict in a positive manner, sharing information and resourcses, and listening effectively to team members and assuming responsibility for personal contributions.
• Balance unexpected task while performing ongoing responsibilities under direction and with minimal supervision.
• Work effectively with all members of the healthcare team to ensure the delivery of comprehensive high quality care of all patients.
• Consistently accurately and compeltely performs all job responsibilties.
• Efficiently demonstrate cost consciousness by organizing work processes within established deadlines.
• Plans and forecasts future needs of the nursing department and submits to the RM/QI Director to input into the annual Operating Plan.
• Ensures that the risk register are accurate and realistic and encourages department heads to treat their risk registers as dynamic document.
• Monitors and identify strategies to help departments improve their quality improvement/risk management and safety measures. Develops targets and improvement plans in partnership with leadership teams and department heads.
• Monitors ACHSI standards complaince related to COI/RM functions on a ongoing basis, maintaining a constant state of readiness for survey. Ensures that all hospital departments are in complaince with all regulatory standards.