This position plays an integral role in building and optimizing the platform for Asurion’s fastest growing platform, Horizon. Horizon helps customers get more from their technology – across all types of devices and operating systems. As technology expands and evolves, so does the complexity of making it all work. Horizon enables digital experience platform to service customers, partners, customer solutions, account, sales, marketing, SCM stakeholder to improve customer experience with digital transformation.
You will need to team-up with engineers and user experience/design partners to find solutions to our biggest challenges. This may be providing our products, tools, information, content, and insights to improve customer experience. Will be able to hold product forums, meet with end users and present the platform’s digital experience.
You will also lead the research/discovery process, drive hypothesis testing, dig into the resulting data, and then prioritize the team’s efforts.
You will be someone who is excited about solving problems with technology, driving constant improvement based on KPIs, leveraging data to make decisions, interacting with users, and learning by testing. Horizon digital experience platform is a premium service that’s growing rapidly. As such, we need good thinkers who are eager to achieve meaningful outcomes.
· Responsible for the supervision, guidance and mentoring of associates on their respective team.
· Directs daily tasks of the team, analysing workflow, establishing priorities and setting deadlines.
· Provide associates with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
· Under the direction of management, supervise team activities to ensure alignment of departmental goals and service levels.
· Promotes positive morale through team building efforts.
· Tracks and reports status for projects and event review action items, ensuring timely and accurate completion.
· Trains and instructs associates in job duties and company policies, or arranges for training to be provided.
· May need to evaluate associate performance, write and deliver performance review and establish career goals with guidance from management.
· Coordinates with management, vendors and others to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
· Communicates corporate and departmental policies, procedures, and service standards in conjunction with management.
· Build a good working relationship with vendors.
· Take directions from Asurion leadership and adopt it as team’s responsibilities.
Education Bachelor of Information Technology or Engineering
Essential Experiences, Skillsets & Personal Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline preferred.
• 10+ years of software development experience on large scale enterprise projects in telecom, insurance & financial industries.
• 6-7 years of strong solution architecture experience, preferably with web and mobile development.
• Strong data modeling, SQL experience on RDBMS technologies such as My SQL, Postgress and No SQL experience is a plus.
• Knowledge of multi-tier architectures across multiple technology stacks such as Java, J2EE, web servers, caching, application servers, RDBMS/NoSQL: MySQL, Mongo, Dynamo DB.
• Working experience on CI/CD tools such as Jenkin, Chef, Maven, Ansible.
• Good experience in Scrum/Agile methodologies.
• Strong Technical skills across AWS technology stack –
o Foundation Services (EC2, EBS, S3, ELB, VPC, Direct Connect, RDS and Cloud Front)
o Application Services (SES, AppStream, Cloud Search) and
o Deployment and Management (CloudWatch, IAM, CloudTrail)
• Ability to interpret business data as it applies to team function.
• Track record of meeting key business SBI, IT KPI, project milestones time lines, plans and financial targets.
• Experience in leading global teams across regions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong customer focus and demonstrated ability to work in geographically dispersed teams, good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to manage competing priorities.
• Must have strong computer skills including technical aptitude to learn applications that may be required to administer to job duties.
• Experience in leading, taking charge, and offering opinions and direction.
• Experience reviewing, assessing and recommending process improvements and to manage associated change.
Desirable Personal Competencies and Attributes
• Good verbal and written communications in English to explain/articulate the product delivery to key stakeholder