Volvo Cars is on an ambitious journey to re-define the customer experience in automotive through digital technology. While Volvo is pushing the boundaries on several fronts – autonomous driving, vehicle electrification, cutting-edge vehicle engineering design, and more – some of the most exciting action is happening in our Consumer and Enterprise Digital Group. Having recently hired our first Chief Digital Officer from Silicon Valley -- with a background that includes both start-ups and Amazon - and being propelled by a new global business expansion -- Volvo Cars is uniquely positioned. We are taking consumer-facing technology around the driving experience to places most players are only dreaming about – and changing how people think about automotive transportation as a result. We’re committed to giving Volvo customers an entire week of quality time back per year by 2025 through these types of innovations that simplify their lives. We’re looking for team members in this Digital organization who think about technology problems and opportunities in exciting and different ways – creative and critical thinkers who want to change the world with us here at Volvo.
· Set digital directions, plans and budget in alignment with global, regional and local business directions, within the Commercial area
· Supplier management, service reviews and key supplier contractual negotiations, strive for utilizing global souring opportunities when possible
· Management and leadership of digital staff, including hiring, guidance and development performance management guidance
· Proactively drive competence development to secure an digital organization that is capable to meet present and future demands.
· Ensuring global IT & Digital Security and standard operating procedures and best practices are maintained, new solutions aligned and all licensing and contractual obligations delivered.
· Act as a change agent and subject matter expert on current ways of working and best practice standards
· Work in close collaboration with other CED functions based in the region as well as globally.
Business alignment and development:
· Take an active part in supporting the Asia-Pacific commercial business development
· Communicate regularly with management and all users of information services and systems
· Work closely with CED Global teams to understand Strategic initiatives both globally and regionally determining where Asia-Pacific will be impacted and/or take a potential lead role in adopting
· Identify new opportunities to drive and follow-up on digital initiatives, transformation and change across the digital and connectivity areas based on business direction.
· Develop strategies and plans to enhance IT & Digital services, improve user effectiveness, and foster innovation.
· Provision of internal end-user, retailer network and customer orientated services, including help desk, technical support services, business intelligence data queries and solutions.
· Manage the local IT support function and in relation to the Global support service
· Act as liaison officer between commercial business operations in Asia-Pacific and relevant CED organization
· Capture business demands and proactively propose new ideas/solutions
· Oversee any systems development and enhancement, including the integration of new systems with existing systems.
· Maintain and deliver against a portfolio/demand management plan for all digital dependant activities which can be aggregated into an overall Business plan
· Work closely with all stakeholders to understand business requirements and the prioritization of activities and projects, developing effective working relationships and ongoing management processes for delivery and support
· Where necessary manage, monitor and motivate the cross functional teams assigned to any project
This role forms part of the Asia-Pacific management team, managing and delivering key responsibilities within a matrix reporting structure.
This will be a delivery-focused role working closely with all areas of the business, ensuring that you will be deeply involved in the different projects and should be able to talk and breathe Agile in a project management environment.
You should demonstrate:
· A proven strong track record of performing a similar role, with demonstrable skills managing and delivering technology enabled projects.
· Ten or more years of progressive digital & IT experience, including experience in a Project / Portfolio Management experience (at least 5 years)
· A proven track record leading & managing teams within an operational and project delivery or IT development environment
· Exceptional cross functional collaboration and an ability to excel in matrix work environments, where requirements can be often ambiguous
· Excellent communications and presentation skills with the ability to adjust communication styles depending on type of target audience
· Ability to convert complex business, digital and IT opportunities into efficient solutions
· Ability to influence and make key decisions
· Ability to digest complex issues and present in clear concise fashion to senior stakeholders
· Excellent experience in developing relationships with diverse stakeholders across the full cross section of business functions including external partners, suppliers and the retail network.
· Knowledge of project management, ITIL, Agile development and Business Analytics skills and awareness.
· Skills in supplier negotiations and agreements
· Experience of presenting to Board level stakeholders and Executive teams
Personal qualities and qualifications critical to the role:
· Ideally educated to degree level or a recognized professional qualification
· Tenacious, flexible, passionate, resilient and results driven with a persuasive personality.
· Demonstrable personal integrity
· Self-Starter with the ability to develop self and others, driven by a desire to make improvements
· Ability to translate organizational direction into specific team and individual job expectations, managing performance through effective monitoring, coaching, and feedback
· Resource management have skills to Influence and inspire, results through appropriate staffing, budgetary management and maximization of available resources
· Curious and interested in digital transformation and innovation
· Business oriented, consultative in proactively seeking new Digital, IT & Business opportunities