Our client is a travel booking solution: an innovative cloud based travel booking and distribution tool for airlines, travel agencies, online travel agencies and tour operators with a merchandising engine are currently looking for a Technical Director with experience in managing agile development teams.
The Technical Director will be responsible for ensuring that products meet design requirements, and deliver a consistent experience for users. You’ll be managing an entire team of engineers and developers, collaborating with the product managers, as well as guiding the company's product vision and maintaining compliance with quality standards. The priorities for this position include strategic planning, product design, quality assurance and problem resolution.
· Transforming the technology and business capabilities to leverage the evolving technical landscape, leveraging Artificial Intelligence, Big Data and other technologies to create organizational scale in the delivery of the best Customer Experience
· Manage multiple agile software product development teams that realize the company’s technology vision and strategy in a scalable, iterative environment
· Attract, retain and grow top engineering talent across the organization, providing guidance, career development and mentorship to team members
· Foster and drive innovation and experimentation across the firm, delivering software solutions that meet or exceed customer and stakeholder expectations, often helping shape business requirements in a manner that optimally leverages technology teams
· Deliver software that provides superior user experiences, linking customer needs and business drivers together through innovative product engineering
· Cultivate an environment of engineering excellence and continuous improvement, leading changes that drive efficiencies into existing engineering and delivery processes
· Own accountability for all quality aspects and metrics of product portfolio, including system performance, platform availability, operational efficiency, risk management, information security, data management and cost effectiveness
· Work with key stakeholders to drive software solutions that align to strategic roadmaps, prioritized initiatives and strategic technology directions
· Work with peers, Engineers and Architects to assimilate new technology and delivery methods into scalable software solutions, leveraging and contributing to engineering best practices across the company
· Drives the optimization of the usage of Artificial Intelligence
· Provides direction for technical and business resources that actively participate in product development
· Implement the product and technology roadmap in technical terms.
· Lead, manage and mentor a team of engineers and related personnel.
· Know how to recruit and develop top engineering talent.
· Develop standards and procedures to ensure quality standards are met and maintained.
· Extensive engineering expertise in the areas of tooling, prints, specifications, product maintenance, budgeting and software products.
· Maintain and optimize budgets to meet goals.
· Understand and collaborate on complete product lifecycle from concept to execution.
· Recommends new technology and ideas to improve sprints and efficiency.
· Build, develops and manages engineering team capable of carrying out initiatives.
Skills & Qualifications
· Serve as a key member of the management team that sets the company’s strategic direction.
· Develop strategic planning for the direction and control of product development activities.
· Formulate long-term objectives and standards of performance for the department.
· Assure that department achieves objectives and project completion within budget and time frame.
· Be a student of current industry trends, ensuring that the company maintains and expands its technology leadership position.
· Motivate staff and provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project management, recognizing the role as that of both manager and support resource / mentor.
· Assure that product is designed for specific needs, but with wider applications in mind.
· Hire and direct staff of senior group members to acquire necessary resources to meet scheduled commitments.
· Ensure implementation and refinement as required of formal process to support the product development process.
· Ensure that product development is focused on meeting and exceeding the customer requirements.