We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it’s our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
We are currently seeking an IT Business Relationship Manager for our own concept, responsible for leading the effort to understand the business needs of Chalhoub’s Retail customer groups and identify how to best meet those needs through information technology solutions. This includes partnering with our brands to understand their Business Strategy, define the technology and capability roadmap that would enable the strategy. The Business Relationship Manager will shape the demand, manage the pipeline and act as key liaison with IT teams (Enterprise Architecture, PMO) to evaluate and qualify potential specific technology solutions.
You will act as the single point of contact for all strategic IT demand from the Retail business group and will liaise and be the “partner” of senior Chalhoub leadership including the Managing Director and C-suite levels.
What you’ll be doing:
Our Business Relationship Managers will have a significant input in shaping Chalhoub’s IT strategy and planning by providing the required leadership to support the development of the IT relevance across the Group.
This includes but not limited to:
· Analyzing business strategies and determining impact and implications for IT, and ensuring alignment of the IT portfolio with the business strategies
· Lead effort to work with Retail businesses to identify strategic business requirements in the form of a capability roadmap
· Owning and managing the strategic IT communication with key Retail business stakeholders
· Manage Retail customer expectations towards customer satisfaction
· Participating and leading in workshops with the business groups to shape future requirements
· Filtering, prioritizing and pre-validating demand based on the information provided by the business
· Liaising with IT Teams to identify potential solutions to meet business needs
· Overseeing the development of high-level feasibility studies of potential solutions and tracking proposals across the demand lifecycle
· Helps evaluate IT project objectives and analyzes new business initiatives
· Lead effort to analyze and research new and existing products, technology innovations, process improvements that will bring value to Chalhoub’s Retail business systems.
· Works with other Chalhoub IT Relationship Managers to identify common activities and/or synergies across IT
· Works with the PMO and business leadership to prioritize the portfolio of IT programs and projects across Retail business
· Assist the CIO in developing long term IT strategies, visions and plans
· Management of the demand pipeline and delivery expectations
What you need to succeed in this role:
· >10 years in Retail industry on digital / technology / Architecture
· Strong facilitation and collaboration experience, coordinating across other Heads of functions to create an overall IT Portfolio
· Significant experience of developing managing and prioritizing conflicting business demand and matching it to limited resources
· Strong leadership skills and a clear track record of delivering outstanding performance.
· Significant direct experience of people management - candidates are likely to be operating at a senior level in current roles
· Developing senior relationships - tangible experience of developing senior relationships both internally and externally with external service providers, other business leaders and stakeholders.
· Report and manage expectations at corporate level – upward as well as downward and sideways; influencing skills will be an important attribute of this position – this will require an ability to work well alongside other senior level managers. An ability to work effectively in a matrix organization is essential.
· Strong experience in the retail industry and of key business processes (Retail, Distribution, Warehousing, Merchandising)
· Preferably experienced with Oracle Retail solutions
· Good knowledge of general leading software for Retail industry
· Education Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
· Excellent communication / facilitation skills
· Agile Mindset
· Can do Attitude
· Love team work and collaboration
· Technology enthusiastic