Reports to: The Principal
Prime Functions: To have lead responsibility to the Principal for the overall financial management of the school and its resources in line with the development plans and objectives of the school. To ensure that the facilities and buildings meet the academic needs of the School and to have responsibility for the management of the non-teaching staff.
• Working closely with the School funders to produce timely, relevant and accurate financial information; to monitor financial performance; to provide sound financial advice and an effective financial management service to the Principal, the Senior Team and staff regarding the School.
• To work closely with the School funders in financial planning and budget preparation and management in consultation with the Principal and Senior Team, within guidelines set by the Governing Body. To evaluate and communicate effectively the implications of changes in circumstances or proposed future developments.
• To safeguard and optimise the value and use of NLCS Dubai’s assets and ensure they are used to best effect in pursuing the School’s aims and objectives.
• To have overall managerial responsibility for the provision, operation and monitoring of support services provided by the School, including administration, IT and AV, catering, cleaning, transport, buildings management and grounds, Health and Safety and security. To lead, manage, motivate and develop the staff providing all these services to the School.
• To work with the School funders to ensure that the School complies with its legal, regulatory, constitutional and statutory obligations, as appropriate, including the identification and management of risk of the School, together with the Principal.
The Director of Operations meets regularly during term time, usually on a daily basis, with the Principal and the Senior Team.