· As the The Director of Business Development and Growth you wil be responsible for identifying and executing on growth opportunities across Digital division brands. You will manage a who team gathers insights and opportunities from data analyzes, partners, the Al Jazeera executive team, and market trends; It then prioritizes opportunities, and develops deals that lead to growth in market share, exposure of our brands, and increased equity across Al Jazeera Digital brands.
· The team consists of regionally divided Business Development sections and a centralized Data Science team. The team will work closely with the executive team to ensure brand alignment. The team also works with the product management, production teams, audience development, and PR and marketing teams to ensure proper implementation.
· The success of the team will result in year-on-year growth in our portfolio's market share, expansion of portfolio brands, and deeper engagement with those brands.
· Create business growth strategy for each business unit
· Prepare analytical study of potential partners
· Analyze our competitive advantage and leverage it to find opportunities in the market
· Manage strategic partner relationships
· Assist with budget planning
· Devise and propose strategic growth initiatives
· Evaluate and present M&A and venture investment opportunities to senior management
· Present KPI data for the business units to executives
· Leverage senior management when needed for securing strategic deals
· Ensure strategic alignment between various business units
· Fostering a data driven culture of throughout the division
Education and Experience
· Degree level or equivalent experience. MBA or JD preferred
· 12+ years of experience in executive management, business development, or management consulting
· Experience managing diverse teams
· Experience recruiting and hiring talent
International experience is a plus